Tuesday, July 6, 2010

WOW!

So we did get to go on a vacation. We went to Branson and had a great time! I do wish we had kids to do things with though. Everytime we did something we would think of a kid that would really enjoy doing that particular activity. I know that most of them won't ever get a chance to do some of that stuff and it makes me sad! Kids just want to have fun and learn new things, just like adults do. But many parents think that it's to much of a hassle to take their kids to do anything remotely fun. Anyways. We did have fun, but ended up leaving early because of a stinkin hotel.
I am glad we came home when we did though. It gave us a chance to get laundry done and the house cleaned up a little more, before we got some bad news...
We got a phone call last Tuesday saying that Daddy had been in a wreck on the 25th and no one has heard from him since. The hospital said that he was treated and released, so everyone was wandering where he was. Come to find out he was at another hospital and had been life flighted there in order to have brain surgery! He looked horrible when we got there and it was really scary. I know God works in crazy ways, but it hurts so much to see him laying in that bed. When we arrived he would open his eyes and even tried to say my name. But the next day he had a set back and wouldn't even wake up. He has continued to improve daily though and that is good. We had to come home in order to take care of some things and get Derreck ready to leave for work. It's hard calling up there and hearing the reports, instead of being able to see for myself how much he is improving. And when the phone rings at 12:30 at night I panic for good reason. It then makes me mad when it is nothing at all and somoeone just wants to be silly.
I hope and pray that everyone realizes that God has had a HUGE hand in keeping Daddy alive through this. I pray that they realize that the lives that they are leading aren't pleasing to God and that they should want to please HIM! I want to serve God because he loves me...not because of what he can give me. I want my family to serve God and it is so hard to see them doing stuff that isn't pleasing to Him. My heart has been slowly breaking this past week for my family and for my Daddy. I know that I have to live my life according to the Word and that is the only way I am going to reach them because they aren't going to listen to me, or Derreck, or even Aunt Serita and Uncle Richard. So please if anyone is reading any of this pray for my family and their relationships with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment