Wednesday, September 29, 2010
This is the second week for Women in the Word Wednesday! Come on over to Good Morning Girls and link up with us. Every Wednesday we share what we are learning with our walk with God. He is amazing and works through every post that is posted.
We are still in Luke this week and today we read Luke 21. This chapter has a lot in it!
From the woman giving all she has. Which we should too. We shouldn't give God what is left over. Our time that is left at the end of the day. If we have enough free time we might go to church on Sunday morning. If we have enough money out of this check I will give some in the offering, if we go to church on Sunday, that is. God wants our best of everything! A widow gave everything that she had, knowing that her Lord would take care of her in everything that she could possibly need!
To the end of times! Jesus warned us about things that will happen before Jesus comes back. Most of those things have already happened! So that means it won't be long before he comes to get His bride, which is the ones that believe and have a personal relationship with Him. Not just a I'm going to church and doing this relationship! You have to have faith in Jesus and praise His name even when times are hard, and not to your liking! Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that those who truly believe in Him, will have everlasting life!
Monday, September 27, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
We did, however, baby proof the kitchen cabinets. Those little door lock things are aggravating. If you have ever put any in yourself, then I am sure you understand. We also added more Smoke Alarms, Carbon Monoxide Alarm and a Fire Extinguisher. (I hope we never need any of these but we have them just in case.) I didn't take pictures of any these because we all know what they look like. HA!
I love our Master Bed Room, but it is very little. If it was bigger I don't think I would add any other furniture to what we already have, just because I like everything open and roomy. My wonderful husband bought me the bedroom set 3 years ago, and I still really love it. I have been searching and searching for a quilt that I love for the bed, but haven't quite found one. (But it's out there, I know it is!)
As for the paneling in the entire house...It is going to vanish, eventually. I want painted walls with white trim and white doors. It is really hard to take pictures in any of the rooms, because of the paneling. Eventually it will all be gone though!
I read one time (I think on Fly Lady's Web Site) that our Master Bed Rooms should be the best room in the house. A place where we can go to relax and spend quality time with the one that we love the most. It should feel like we are stepping into a nice comfy bed & breakfast room every time the door is open. So I have tried to keep our room free of clutter, and it is the first room that gets straightened in the mornings, including making the bed!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Last week I went though closets and cabinets getting rid of all the crazy stuff that we have "collected" over the whole 1 1/2 years that we have lived here. Lots of junk got tossed. We are planning on buying bunk beds and dressers for each of the rooms we have planned for the kids, so there isn't too much that I can do, except move the furniture that we already have. So here is the plan.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Has God blessed you with a marriage? Be content and a good steward with it!
Has God blessed you with a home? Be content and a good steward with it!
Has God blessed you with kids? Be content and a good steward with it!
Has God blessed you with a job? Be content and a good steward with it!
Everything God has blessed us with can be taken away in a heart beat. When we stand before God in judgement we are going to have to answer for every thing, including how we handled our everyday blessings! So if you haven't been a good steward with something, now is the time to change and make it better! I haven't always been the good steward with every aspect of my life, but I am trying now, and I know that it pleases the Lord!
So this week I have cleaned out a couple of closets, underneath our bathroom sink, and the cabinet above our washer and dryer. I will confess that everything I did was and is in preparation for our home study for foster parent certification! I want kids in our house and I want them bad! LOL!!! So if that means I have to clean every little nook and cranny I will gladly do it!
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Complete surprise! I figured he was a womanizer but I didn't think Genevieve would do that to her husband. It was nice of him to help financially I guess, but it doesn't make up for how messed up her life is.
2. By the end of the story, what were your feelings abut Eve? How had they changed since the beginning?
I still think she should have come clean in the beginning and then she wouldn't be in all the trouble at the end. She should have been honest with everyone. My feeling for her didn't change really, I did feel sorry for her, but just a little. She made her choices, Tim didn't put a gun to her head and make her do these things. So she had to suffer the consequences.
3. Were you happy with the way President Russell treated Cory?
He could have been a little more fatherly to her. I don't blame him for wanting a DNA test, but after he got the results he should have understood, that Cory was affected the most by all of this. Her real mother is dead, her "mother" isn't her mother, and her father is alive all of a sudden. Plus she has a loser as a boyfriend, and she is pregnant. How much can a girl take?
4. If you were in Cory's shoes and had just found out all of this about the woman who raised you and who you believed to be your mother, how would you react? Would you forgive?
I think at first I would just want to be alone so I could process everything without saying or doing anything that I would regret later. But I think eventually I would have to forgive, because after all, she grew up loving this woman, and was at one time very close to her.
5. In your mind, how does this story end? Do they all live happily ever after? Does Cory go on having relationships with her old family and her new family?
I picture them all getting to know one another and all getting along eventually, for Cory's sake. I think Cory will always remember how deceitful Eve was but still saves a place in her heart for her old family and the woman she new as her mother.
6. How do you think Cory has changed throughout the story? Have your feelings about her changed?
I think Cory grew up in a way that she never thought she would have to. She was pushing her family away to be controlled by someone else, but in the meantime, she lost the only family she had ever known. Because of this she learned how to be on her on, and how to stand up for her self.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
1. Have your feelings about Tim changed through out this last section of chapters?
No not really, I still think he is a weasel and it doesn't matter how much money he sends Cee-Cee/Eve or Cory he can't make up for how much he changed their lives.
2. Do you agree with Cory and her behavior as an adult and her life with Ken? Is she justified in cutting her mother and father out of her life?
No I think she is just going from one person controlling her life to another. Ken doesn't want her to have anything to do with her family because then they will have some influence on her choices. He wants her to do what he chooses. She shouldn't doesn't have to listen to him, they aren't married and shouldn't even be living together. I don't think she should have cut them out as much. She did need some distance, so she can learn to make decisions on her own and grow as an adult, but she just turned to Ken for him to make those decisions.
3. At what point do you think Cory decided to spend less time with her mother?
When she started getting interested in Ken, and he was returning those interests.
4. What do you think is Eve's biggest fear?
Everybody finding out the truth about everything. About her lying all of these years when she could have fixed everything in the beginning by telling the truth. Really at any point she could have fessed up, but in the beginning would have been the best.
5. When the story about Genevieve's body came out, what would you have done if you were Eve? Just sat back and watched things unfold? Come forward? Would you tell Jack?
I would of told Jack first, that way he isn't surprised by the cops showing up to arrest his wife. Then I would have went to the authorities. Sitting there waiting for someone to knock on your door to arrest you, isn't a way to live. I couldn't stand all of that stress.
6. Do you think eve should tell Jack and confess? Why?
YES!!! Because that is her husband and if she can't be honest with him, then who can she be honest with?
Sunday, September 5, 2010
1. Do you think that Tim is the one sending the money?
Yes, I do because who else would know how to find here in her new life? And who else would have any kind of interest to send that money to her or the baby?
2. So far, there has been a lot of discussion on Cee-Cee/Eve and her choices. What choices would you make differently from her?
Everything! I wouldn 't lie about the things she has lied about, even if I didn't come clean to the whole world about who I really was I would still feel like I need to tell my husband whom I am suppose to love the complete and honest truth!
3.What do you like about Jack? Are there things about him that you don't like?
I like the fact that even though Cee-Cee/Eve isn't completely honest with him (and he has to know something is not right, just because how she acted when she was pregnant) he still stays with her and loves her. I don't like the fact that he is letting her control everything, he needs to put his foot down, and tell her like it is. He is honest with her and she needs to be honest with him. That's how a marriage is suppose to work!
4. What are the differences between Cee-Cee/Eve's relationship with Tim and Eve's relationship with Jack?
CeeCee /Eve allowed Tim to take charge of their relationship and she followed and listened to everything he said. With Jack though, she is in charge and isn't fixing to give that control over to Jack. If she would have left Tim alone, she would have a great honest relationship with her husband who deserves everything that she can offer him.
5. Do you think Eve is to blame for Cory's fears? What could she do specifically, to help Cory feel less like an outsider?
Let her do things she likes to do with others with the same interest. And maybe even show a little bit of tough love, make her so things that are out of her comfort zone, to show her she can still have fun even if she is scared of everything.
6. Do you think Eve appropriately answered Cory's questions about her father? Do you think Cory will question her father more as she grows older?
I guess it was the safest answer to give, because if she told her that he was alive then she would go looking for a man that doesn't really exist, when he real dad is right there around her. Of course she is going to get curious about him, who wouldn't? I would want to know what he was like, and what he did for a living and who his family was.
1. Where do you think Tim and Marty are at this point in the story?
I don't think that they are thinking clearly. Here they are kidnapping a very pregnant woman without a good plan. I mean come on you really think this is going to work guys? It doesn't make any sense at all and it isn't a good plan. They are nuts and I wouldn't be involved in any way.
2. What were your thoughts ar Cee-Cee was helping Genevieve deliver her baby?
Oh my! This is craziness. I know many women have delivered babies without the help of a doctor, but she is in the hands of a kidnapper. And Cee-Cee doesn't have a clue what she is doing! She did do a good job with delivering though under the circumstances. I couldn't imagine having to deliver a baby out in the middle o no where by myself.
3. After Genevieve died, what would you have done with the baby if you had been in Cee-Cee's shoes?
I would have went to the police, and faced the consequences of those crazy decisions she has made. I would of spilled the beans about EVERYTHING!
4. Why do you think Cee-Cee/Eve is still holding onto hope that Tim will come for her?
Because she has gave up so much for him and just wants something that she "knows" to fill that void. She wants Tim to sacrifice for her in return for what she did for him.
5. How do you think Eve will establish a new identity in Virginia?
I think it is going to be really hard for her. I think it would be hard for anyone to completely forget the past and to make memoried for your past for the present and future. Plus you have to remember all of those lies and make new ones. Eve doesn't seem to be too strong right now on her own, so it could fall apart kind of fast.
6. What do you think of Cee-Cee/Eve now after she has gone through with the kidnapping, the delivery of the baby, the escape, and the relocation?
What is she thinking? Why can't she just wake up and realize that she needs to stop and reconsider the things she has done! If a person could just turn their lives over to God and stop listening to this world things would be better.
Friday, September 3, 2010
I am going to give all the girls a sheet that has a blank schedule on it, for them to fill out. This is just to get us to realize how our days are really spent. The page will also have some questions on it. I am going to go ahead and answer them for myself on here.
1. How calm are your normal days? Somewhat calm but can get chaotic and rushed because of procrastination.
2. Is there anything you would change about your days that you don't really like? It's not that I don't like sleep, because I do (A LOT), but I would and am going to change my bed time and how early I get up. I think that by doing this, I will have more time to read my Bible, practice piano, and exercise. (If you notice none of these are on my schedule as of now, horrible I know!)
3. When do you fit in time for God? When I feel like I don't have anything to do at the moment. I know that it shouldn't be that way. I want to wake up and have my time with God. I just need to grow up and discipline myself.
4. Is it the same time every day? Absolutely not, but it would be nice if it was!
5. Are you letting God shine through you as you go about your day? I haven't been, and I think
6. How is your attitude? HORRIBLE
7. Are you willing to commit a certain time during your day to ONLY God? Yes, and I am writing it on here, that way if I don't then I lied, and I don't want to be a liar. So...I will commit 6:00 am to my God time!
***We will also be reading Luke and Jonah for the month of September! The goal is to all be on the same page, that way we can discuss different things that we learned throughout the month.
Everyone is also going to get a candle to burn during their Bible times. We will see how the candle plays in at next months meeting!!
- I don't make time to daily replenish my mind and heart with God's Word.
- I fill the basket of my mind with worldly thoughts.
- I don't take time to memorize God's Word.
- I meditate on my problems instead of God's promises.
- I hide my sin, not God's word in my heart.
- I base my identity on what other people say rather than who I am in Christ.
- I respond to stress with worry rather than prayer.
- I don't sit with God and quietly receive His instruction.
- I hold to my bad feelings toward people rather than forgive them.
- My hope is placed on people or things.
- I am not daily filled with God's glorious might.
- I don't walk in a way that pleases the Lord.
- I get caught up in insignificant details of the world.
- I don't pray and use Scripture to stand against my enemy.
- I live in fear rather than freedom.
- I work to hold everything together rather than resting in Jesus.
- I let my thoughts run wild rather than taking them captive.
- I don't look for Christ in others.
- I am a person pleaser.
- I don't rest. I'm exhausted.
If you have checked three or more of these you are NOT living the abundant life. So what is the good news?
- God has a will for my life. 1:1
- I have the potential to be filled with all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 1:9
- I have potential to walk in a manner worthy if the Lord. 1:10
- I can praise God in all circumstances.
- I can grow in the knowledge of God. 1:10
- I can be strengthened by all power according to God's glorious might. 1:11
- Christ's power mightily works within me. 1:29
- I have laid aside the old self. 3:9
- I have a NEW self image which is being renewed according to the image of Christ. 3:10
- I have been chosen by GOD! 3:12
- God rescued me from the domain of darkness and transferred me to the kingdom of His beloved Son! 1:13
- God has redeemed me and forgiven me 1:14
- Jesus made peace between you and God through His blood.
- Jesus is the one who will present me to God as holy, blameless, and beyond reproach. 1:22
- God's will is for me to know the mystery: Christ in me, the hope of glory. 1:27
- God canceled out my certificate of debt and decrees against me. He's nailed it to Christ's cross. 2:14
- Christ has triumphed over all rule and authority. 2:15
- Set your mind on the things above, not the things of earth. 3:2
- Consider the members of your body as dead to sin, immortality, evil desires, greed, evil passions.... 3:5
- Do not lie to one another. 3:9 (Have someone who is also seeking God to hold you accountable.)
- LET Christ rule in my heart. 3:15
- Whatever I do, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus. 3:16
- Whatever I do, work heartily, as to the Lord, aware I am serving God. 3:23-24
- Give control of my life to Christ, who is in me, the hope of glory. 1:27
I hope this has given you a lot to meditate on for the next month. God loves you and wants you to live an abundant life and He doesn't want you to be a basket case. I challenge you to memorize Colossians 3:2 - Set your mind on the things above, not on the things of earth and learn to apply it in your daily life!