Monday, September 13, 2010

Secret Life of CeeCee: Chapters 50-71

1. At the end we find out Tim was sending Cory because he thought she could be his daughter since he was having an affair with Genevieve. Did you see this coming?

Complete surprise! I figured  he was a womanizer but I didn't think Genevieve would do that to her husband. It was nice of him to help financially I guess, but it doesn't make up for how messed up her life is.

2. By the end of the story, what were your feelings abut Eve? How had they changed since the beginning?

I still think she should have come clean in the beginning and then she wouldn't be in all the trouble at the end. She should have been honest with everyone. My feeling for her didn't change really, I did feel sorry for her, but just a little. She made her choices, Tim didn't put a gun to her head and make her do these things. So she had to suffer the consequences.

3. Were you happy with the way President Russell treated Cory?

He could have been a little more fatherly to her. I don't blame him for wanting a DNA test, but after he got the results he should have understood, that Cory was affected the most by all of this. Her real mother is dead, her "mother" isn't her mother, and her father is alive all of a sudden. Plus she has a loser as a boyfriend, and she is pregnant. How much can a girl take?

4. If you were in Cory's shoes and had just found out all of this about the woman who raised you and who you believed to be your mother, how would you react? Would you forgive?

I think at first I would just want to be alone so I could process everything without saying or doing anything that I would regret later. But I think eventually I would have to forgive, because after all, she grew up loving this woman, and was at one time very close to her.

5. In your mind, how does this story end? Do they all live happily ever after? Does Cory go on having relationships with her old family and her new family?

I picture them all getting to know one another and all getting along eventually, for Cory's sake.  I think Cory will always remember how deceitful Eve was but still saves a place in her heart for her old family and the woman she new as her mother.

6. How do you think Cory has changed throughout the story? Have your feelings about her changed?

I think Cory grew up in a way that she never thought she would have to. She was pushing her family away to be controlled by someone else, but in the meantime, she lost the only family she had ever known. Because of this she learned how to be on her on, and how to stand up for her self.

No comments:

Post a Comment