Monday, October 18, 2010

Make Your Home a Haven Fall Challenge



This is the third week of Courtney's Making Your Home a Haven: Fall Challenge, and I think it is a realy good one! The challenge for this week is to declutter! That inlcudes decluttering our homes and our bodys!

As far as our house goes, it is fairly decluttered. I don't like tons of decorations or things laying around, so therefore I am constantly throwing things away. I think it's because my mom and grandmother are hoarders. (I say that kind of joking and kind of seriously!) I do have a few clothes that I am going to go through and give to someone that I know can use some T-Shirts, so I will be getting rid of somethings this week. Another reason the house is fairly clutter free is, since we started the foster care classes I have gone through everything and got rid of what we didn't need. So know all we need is some kids!

As far as my body.....
Just this weekend at the Minister's Wives Retreat this was brought up. Clutter in our body can be anything from weight to sin! As far as weight goes, I know I need to stop taking in tons of kunk food and replace it with healthy food!

And as far as sin...
We all sin. None of us are perfect. However, we should not let this hold us back from having a better relationship with Jesus. The more sin we have in our lives the less room we have for God, and vise versa. WE should want to be over flowing with God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit! The one thing that God spoke to me about this weekend personally was, Gossip. I admit that I am a gossiper and a busy body. This is something that I will be working on this week and continue to work on from now on. If that means that, I have to loose friends over it then so be it. I don't want gossip to stand in between me and Jesus. I want to be so full of the Holy Spirit that all I can do is praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment