Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Women In The Word Wednesday!


We have finished Luke. Lots of good things in Luke! Lots of scripture that goes along with letting our lights shine for God and allowing the world to see. The challenge that was posted yesterday, goes along perfect with what our lesson was for last month! So I think at our next meeting (which is Saturday) I am going to bring the challenge up and see what the girls have to say! 

We have also read Jonah since the last post, and Oh My! I have read Jonah before, but I guess it just didn't speak to me like it did this time! God wanted Jonah to do something for Him and Jonah didn't want to. So God allowed Jonah to be thrown into the sea and swallowed by a whale! He stayed in that belly for 3 days, until he cried out to God and admitted that he was wrong! That is all God wants us to do. Admit that we are wrong, so that He can have complete control of our lives!

Jonah was mad at God for not destroying the people of the city, after all the trouble he went through. He was MAD! He wanted God to just kill him. So he sits outside the city, waiting to see what is going to happen...and God allows a gourd to grow but then also to wither even before the sun comes out. So once again Jonah gets angry enough that he wants to die. Sound familiar?

We often get so mad at God, for not answering our prayers when we want Him too, that we get mad at Him. So mad that we completely turn our backs to Him. By turning our backs, we are saying, "Lord, I just want to die, I don't want the eternal life that you promise me." God knows what He is doing! He has been doing it for thousands of years! He knows what tomorrow brings, He knows what a year will bring! He sees the big picture when we can only see the now.

So just trust in God and listen to Him, do as He says! (Or you could very well end up in the belly of a whale!) After all He is the same God He was when Jonah was alive!

Then said the LORD, Doest thou well to be angry?
Jonah 4:4


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ginger!

    Thanks so much for linking up with me on Good Morning Girls this past Wednesday! I sooo loved reading your post! I can't wait to see what your group comes up with for our challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete