Monday, October 4, 2010

Making Your Home a Haven


This is the first official day of the Make Your Home a Have Challenge hosted by Courtney. You can look at her post and all the other results for the challenge over at Women Living Well. Her blog is a great resource for many things, and all of her posts have Godly inspiration! I long to be a Proverbs 31 Woman and will take as much information and help that I can get from anyone that lives their life according the Bible.

The first challenge is to light a candle everyday in your home. Each time the candle catches your eye, you are to pray for peace in your home. I didn't buy a candle, just for the fact that I just spent money on some Scentsy products and decided to use them, instead. Right now I have the "Pumpkin Pie Spice" wax in, which we found at Wal-Mart for $2.00. It smells wonderful and the house is really peaceful.


Right now it is easy to be peaceful. Derreck just left for work, for 14 days, and it is just me and the dogs. It's easy to keep the house clean, dinner cooked, and laundry done. Often it gets really, I mean REALLY boring around here when he is gone. I want it to be this peaceful when he is home though. I don't want to be the woman that is distant, distracted, crabby, discontent or the one that doesn't pray. Trust me, all of these show up at some point while Derreck is home, and I know it makes his days at home horrible. So that is what I will be working on and praying about. Not that the Lord will change him, but that He will change me and bring peace to me so that I can make our house a haven.

I want to be the woman of second home that Courtney described. I desire to be engaged with my family, a wise time manager, have a pleasant demeanor, be content, and most importantly be a woman that prays without ceasing! I desire our house to be a haven for my husband, for future kids that will be living here and for me!

"The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."
Proverbs 14:1

1 comment:

  1. Ginger ~

    That He would do a work in each of our hearts to die to ourselves and serve Him in our calling as wives, mothers, sisters, daughters... It is a work of His grace and refining...

    Praying with you as we seek to have a home that serves as a haven ~

    ReplyDelete