I'm late with this post, but it's okay because Derreck is at work this week, so I can't really surprise him with anything until he gets home. So next week I will be doubling up! Since I haven't done the surprises yet, I'm not going to list what I have in mind, just in case he reads! But this is the challenge for this week!
This week's challenge is: be a little more creative with your praise. Surprise your husband with these 10 fun ways to praise your husband:
1. A love message on the mirror!
2. A love message packed in his lunch
3. Use sidewalk chalk and write a love message on the driveway.
4. Write a list of ten things you admire about him and then read them out loud to him.
5. Make a toast to him at dinner with friends. Or raise your glass at dinner and list the things you admire about your husband for your children to hear!
6. Buy or make your husband a trophy and engrave it with the words "The Best Husband in the World." (I found a cheap trophy at a party supplies store - the kids loved presenting it to daddy)
7. Write a poem - even if you can't write - it can be goofy. Include in it references to your favorite movies, restaurants, places to go and memories. He will enjoy the trip down memory lane and the laugh!
8- Blow up balloons and put a loving message in each one. Fill your bedroom with balloons as a surprise.
9- Take a roll of receipt tape and write a long message with the things you admire and respect about your husband - then roll it up and put it in a bottle for your husband to open and read. (I made many of these for my husband in college when we were dating long distance. I mailed them in packages.)
10. Get creative with your selflessness!
"When you touch your husband's deepest need something good almost always happens!"~ Dr. Emerson Eggerich
So I challenge you today to not just show your husband you love him but show him that you LIKE him!