Monday, January 16, 2012

Gentleness Challenge Weeks 2-3

Gentleness Challenge






I didn't intentionally miss last weeks post! This mama needed a break, so I went to Pennsylvania to spend a few days with Derreck. I'll do a post on that trip in a few days. (Hopefully!)

With the long over due break, I got some quite time with myself and some much needed time with Mister Perry. I came home tired, but a good tired. I really did miss the kids while I was gone, and actually felt bad for leaving them. Maybe I am starting to get really attached to them. (Once again, Hopefully!)

This weeks challenge is Anger Management...

OH BOY!

It seems like the times that I get the absolute angriest is when I am in a hurry and the kids don't seem to understand the importance of "Let's get going." I get frustrated because they are dawdling, they get frustrated because I am rushing them. No one wins. We  I end up yelling and fussing, and someone always ends up crying mostly me.

This week I am going to go through Proverbs like Courtney suggested and mark all the verses about how I should communicate with others. Most of the time, I really good at being nice to strangers or other people. It's those that I am closest to that get to witness all of this rage I have. So I will be working on talking nicely to everyone!

I have wrote Proverbs 15:1 on my mirror in my room, to help me memorize and to serve as a reminder of using gentle words throughout the day.




Oh I forgot to mention, that I think the kids know about this challenge and are doing their best to try to get a rise out of me...

For example:

1. You wouldn't believe how many times I have had to repeat myself to them the past few days. (I have gotten to where I just relay the message using the nearest kid, that way I am not raising my voice. The message may or may not reach the intended kid...)

2.  They are trying me with questions. Hundreds of questions. They aren't the normal Why? questions though. They ask questions about crazy stuff that doesn't even make sense. I just don't get it.

3. They are doing things like, sneaking in (yep you read that right --in--) the window, for no apparent reason. They were free to come and go as they pleased today, so why not use the front door? I just don't get it.

4. The arguing. Oh, my. I know that this is crazy to say or type or whatever, but these kids don't fight and argue with each other constantly like "normal" brothers and sisters. My sister and I would have daily, sometimes hourly battles! But the past few days they have been at each other non-stop.

I just keep reminding myself...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment