Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Miracles

Do you believe God still performs miracles today? You have the miracles that were performed in the Bible. Great miracles like...

Moses parting the Red Sea in order to escape the Egyptians. (Exodus 14)

Lazarus being raised from the dead after four days by Jesus. (John 11)

Daniel being cast into the den of lions, but didnt' get ate by them. (Daniel 6)

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego being cast into the fiery furnace and not being consumed. (Daniel 3)

All the miracles that Jesus performed in the Bible!

How many women were blessed with a baby long after they had given up hope?

Sarah
Hannah
Elizabeth

Just to name a few!

Can God still do miracles like this today?


This picture says...Oh boy HE can!!! And does!!!

As of today, I am 7 weeks 1 day pregnant. Truly a miracle in it's self! When I was 14 I was in a wreck, where I had to receive emergency surgery. Doctors told my aunt that it would be best to go ahead and plan my funeral the next day. (The doctor obviously didn't know the peace that I had during all of this or the God that heals!) Once they realized I was not dieing and in fact getting better and at a faster rate than they thought possible, they told my aunt and my mother that I would never have kids.

That's all they said about it too. No explanations, no reasons. Just no kids.

There isn't even any mention of anything reproductive wise in my records. Nothing.

When we got married, we decided that we wanted kids immediately. Since we have been married we have never used anything that would prevent us from having a baby. Month after month went by, and still no baby. Not even a reason to take a pregnancy test. No explanations, no reasons.

We have never "gave up" or even "relaxed" on wanting to have a baby. Sometimes the "No's" didn't seem to hurt as bad as the others but each one was still a disappointment. But then the next one would hit 10 times as hard. How do you possibly give up on something you want so bad? Do you think Sarah gave up while she was within the child bearing age? I don't!

I've never been to a doctor to find out why we couldn't have babies. I never felt "led" to. It's not something that we wanted to do. But we still had hope that one day we would have a baby.

We do have kids in our house, thanks to foster care. They will soon be "our" kids. But we/I still wanted a baby of our own. We wanted a baby more now, I think, than we did to begin with, if that makes any sense. Ten years we have tried to have a baby. Ten years God gave us "no" after "no". Exactly 10 years from the day we were married, we were blessed with a miracle baby.A baby only God could have given us!

Ten years...

is a mighty long time.

But even though Jesus was four days late getting to Lazarus, Lazarus was still raised from the dead! So God was just in time in my opinion!

I know this post doesn't seem joyful, or exuberant, or anything like that. I am all of those, I promise!

You wouldn't believe the excitement I felt when I seen "pregnant" on the pregnancy test.
You wouldn't believe the excitement I felt when I sent Derreck an email of that test.
(Or the excitement when he didn't call immediately!)
You wouldn't believe the excitement when I went to the health unit for them to do a test to confirm it.
You wouldn't believe the excitement I felt when I went to the doctor for the initial visit.
You wouldn't believe the excitement I felt when they did the first ultra sound and all we could see was a black circle.
You wouldn't believe the excitement I felt when they did the second ultra sound 2 weeks later and I got to see our tiny baby.
(Or the excitement that I felt when I seen that tiny babies heart beating!)

Unless you have been through the waiting like we have.

It's all so exciting.

It's all so overwhelming.

It's all because of the glory of GOD!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your Blog and wanted to say: CONGRATS!!

    Father is the God of possibilities - especially in impossible situations (according to man; LOL)

    Praying you have a wonderful pregnancy and a safe delivery :-)

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete