Monday, April 16, 2012

Update on the Kids (With No Real News)

So it seems like I really don't have any information on any of my kids!! We are in the adoption process for all 3 kids. They haven't shown any kind of excitement about the adoption, but on the same note they haven't shown any rebellion about the adoption!

We started the adoption process in January of this year. When we first met with the adoption worker she told us to not to expect the adoption to go through anytime soon. It will be awhile.

This makes me so mad. In fact the more I think about it the madder I get. (Could be hormones, or it could just be the fact that life is unfair!)

These kids have been in care for 31 months. Parental rights were not terminated until they had been in care for 27 months. None of the parents were doing anything to "work" their cases. The mother did show up to every visit up until the time that the kids came to live with us and she had to put a little effort into actually getting to the visits. At that time she randomly showed up. Other than that though she didn't have an other step completed for her case plan.

I just don't understand why it should "have" to take that long? I do think if the parent(s) are working their case or even attempting their case plan then they should be given every opportunity. Anyways I will stop ranting now!

The adoption worker is a "By the Books" type of person! Which means she shows up every moth to our house. She talks to each of the kids separately, gives us a "non-update" and then leaves.

The kids are doing really good in School this year.

I has made the AB Honor Roll for the past 3 Nine Weeks.
S has made the A Honor Roll for the past 3 Nine Weeks.
M gets numbers and hasn't made any bad numbers so far this year! (Big improvement from last year!)

I will confess that I haven't pushed them this year on homework like I did last year. The still do the required homework, and some extra homework, but are usually done within 30 minutes. I just kind of feel like their school isn't teaching them and that why they are still in public school it's a waste of our time. They spend 8 hours in school playing around and learning the bare minimum, and for me to cram everything I want them to know down their throats after school is brutal and takes hours. I do want to home school them and they think it is exciting, but according to their adoption worker, until we adopt them they have to stay in public school. So unfair.

Attitudes come and go. But usually come around the time they know court, or a FTC meeting, or the adoption worker is coming up. Sometimes I get so outdone with them (mostly S). But I don't feel like it would be fair if we "gave" up on them because of bad attitudes and a moment of anger.

They all seem to be excited about the baby. M most of all! He asks almost daily about the baby growing. He also watches out for things that could hurt the baby... me moving anything heavy, loud noises that could scare the baby, unhealthy foods. It's so funny!

Well that is about it on the kids.

I do have a 31 Days to a Thankful Heart challenge that I made up for them and will be posting about that later! (Possibly after dinner, if it sits well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment