"Thou Shalt Have No Other God"
This is a hard post to write. I know that someone out there is not going to like this post. I don't know who they are or why, but I know it's going to happen. Honestly, I only have 12 followers, so I don't know who will even read it, but I do know that this is a hot topic, just like Holloween. So I will say this...
I don't know any of you. I don't know your hearts. I don't know your relationship with the Lord. But, this is something that has been on my heart since before Thanksgiving and I think it's something that others might need to think about. God doesn't want us to put ANYTHING before Him. How do I know this? Because He wouldn't of made the first commandment "Thou salt have no other gods before me," if He did. With that said, who is Santa Claus?
Santa Claus is also known as Kris Kringle, which also translates to Chriskindl. This word Chriskindl means: Christ-Child. There are different versions of this "Christ-Child" depending on the region you live in. One is an angelic child that is sprite-like and brings gifts to kids who have been good. Another is Santa who also brings gifts to only the good kids.
By calling someone "Christ-Child" you are saying that they are like Christ, and can do the same things that He can. God judges who is good and who is bad, not a man or child like figure. By promoting Santa we are putting something before God, making an idol out of a man or child like figure.
There are many similarities between Jesus and Santa. SO many that I think that Satan has allowed the two to blend together, and is now pushing Jesus further and further into the shadows. Below I am listing the similarities but I am going to back Jesus up with scripture. I ask you to read the scriptures and listen to God's Word and the Holy Spirit.
JESUS CHRIST: OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE SANTA CLAUS: THE COUNTERFEIT ACCORDING TO MYTH OF MEN
1. JESUS -Has white hair like wool (Rev 1:14)
SANTA - Has white hair like wool
2. JESUS - Has a beard (Isaiah 50:6)
SANTA - Has a beard
3. JESUS - Comes in red apparel Isaiah (63:1-2)
SANTA - Comes in red apparel
4. JESUS - Hour of His coming is a mystery (Luke 12:40; Mark 13:33)
SANTA - Hour of his coming is a mystery
5. JESUS - Comes from the North where He lives (Ezekiel 1:4; Psalm 48:2)
SANTA - Comes from the North where he lives: North Pole
6. JESUS - Is a carpenter (Mark 6:3)
SANTA - Is a toy carpenter
7. JESUS - Comes as a thief in the night. (Matthew 24:43-44)
SANTA - Comes as a thief in the night. Even gains entrance to homes as a thief.
8. JESUS - Omnipotent -- all powerful (Rev 19:6)
SANTA - Omnipotent -- can deliver all the toys of the world in one night
9. JESUS - Omniscient -- knows all (Hebrews 4:13; 1 John 3:20)
SANTA - Omniscient -- knows if you have been good or bad, for the entire year
10. JESUS - Omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-10; Ephesians 4:6; John 3:13)
SANTA - Omnipresent -- sees when you wake or sleep. Has to be everywhere at once to be able to deliver all the toys in one short night.
11. JESUS - Ageless, eternal (Rev 1:8; 21:6)
SANTA - Lives forever
12. JESUS - Lives in men (1 Cor 3:16; 2 Cor 6:16-17)
SANTA - Lives in the hearts of children
13. JESUS - Giver of Gifts (Ephesians 4:8)
SANTA - Giver of Gifts
14. JESUS - Absolute Truth (John 14:6)
SANTA - Absolute Fable - (1 Tim 1:4; 4:7; 2 Tim 4:4)
15. JESUS - Sits on a throne (Rev 5:1; Heb 1:8)
SANTA - Sits on a throne
16. JESUS -We are told to boldly go to the throne of Grace for our needs (Heb 4:16)
SANTA - Children are bidden to approach his throne to ask for anything they want
17. JESUS - Commands children to obey parents
SANTA - Tells children to obey parents
18. JESUS -Wants little children to come to Him (Mark 10:14)
SANTA - Bids children to come unto him
19. JESUS - Judges (Rom 14:10; Rev 20:2)
SANTA - Judges whether you were good or bad
20. JESUS -Everlasting Father (Isa 9:6; Heb 12:2)
SANTA - Father Christmas
21. JESUS - Christ Child (Matt 1:23; Luke 2:11-12)
SANTA - Kris Kringle (means christ child)
22. JESUS -Worthy of Prayers and Worship (Rev 5:14 Hebrews 1:6)
SANTA - Prayers and worship to "St. Nick" by children
23. JESUS -Lord of Hosts (Mal 3:5; Isa 8:13; Psalms 24:10)
SANTA - Lord over a host of elves - (In Druidic religion, elves are demons or tree spirits
24. JESUS -God says, "Ho, ho ... (Zechariah 2:6)
SANTA -Santa says, "Ho, ho, ho ..."
25. JESUS - Prince of Peace, the Image of God (Isa 9:6; Hebrews 1:3)
SANTA -Symbol of World Peace, the image of the Christmas Season
In the world that we live in today, we have to constantly govern the things that we allow into our lives. Any thing can become an idol, without us realizing it. I would also like to bring up the fact that if you tell your kids that Santa is going to bring gifts, then you go and place gifts out instead, you are telling you kids a lie. No matter how big or little a lie is still a lie. We should live our lives by example and if we lie to our kids then, they think that it is okay to lie.
I also know that Santa is out there and no matter what you tell your kids, you are going to have to constantly remind them of it. So don't just brush your kids off, explain to them about the truth of Christmas and the non truths.
Jesus has something that Santa can never offer! Jesus offers an eternal life! But YOU have to choose to follow Him DAILY! It's not just a prayer you say. You have to live your life for Him, and have complete faith in HIM! You have to do everything pleasing to God and not the world. Just because standards are lowered doesn't mean that Biblical standards have. We should strive to be men and women after God's own heart!