Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Peace on Earth Challenge


How 2010 Went for Me!!

This is the final week for the Peace on Earth Challenge that Courtney from Women Living Well started. I did a pretty good job of keeping up the the challenges and keeping peace in our home for December, if I say so myself anyways! We did have a very busy month with get togethers, birthday parties, Christmas, church programs, and getting kids. It seemed liked the month of December flew by, but very quietly at the same time.

I have thought a lot about the birth of Jesus and also His death. He only lived on this earth for a very short time, but accomplished so much. If it wasn't for His miraculous birth, then we couldn't of been saved by the shedding of His blood. God did send His son to save the World, so that we should not perish, but so many people don't get the fact that you have to really BELIEVE! Believe that He can save you, change you, heal you,and even  help you. The same God that created the stars and makes them stay in the sky, is the same God that saves you. He doesn't just forget about us, and we should forget about Him (ever).

Courtney made a list of topics for us to evaluate from 2010 and here is how I feel:

1. Evaluate you walk with God in 2010:
  • I did read God Word a lot more than in previous years, but not daily. And I have been slacking on my 6:00 am commitment to God, so that is something that I will be working on doing. I do pray on a daily basis, but I know that I don't ''Pray without ceasing" like it says in 1 Thessalonians 5:17. So, I will definitely be making a better effort of spending time in prayer.
2. Your Marriage:
  • I do feel like our marriage has grown stronger over this past year. We have been married for almost 9 years, with no kids, but hardly ever living alone. With all the different people that has lived with us, we have had to change different habits and ways of doing things. Since we have been alone for most of this year, we have been able to spend a lot of time together, and being ourselves. Honestly, I felt like a newly wed this year, with all the attention  I have got from my husband. In 2011 I think I will work on making sure that I have a gentle answer for my husband, even when I don't feel like it. I know most of the arguments that we have are because I let things get to me, and am quick to raise my voice in response. "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." Proverbs 15:1
3. Your Children:
  • I am so excited and blessed to finally be able to answer this! I just want to cry tears of happiness!! We now have 3 foster children living in our home, I will be posting more on them later. One question that Courtney asked is: "What is one thing that each of your kids need from you in 2011?" I am not going to list the kids names yet on here, because of privacy, but I will use the first letter of their names. (I) - is the oldest, and I think just needs to have encouragement to help build up his self esteem a bit. So I will be encouraging him in all of the good things that he does. (S) is the middle kid, and to me it seems that she needs some one on one attention. (M) is the youngest and the most independent. I think that he needs to see that we are always here to help him, if he needs it. All of the kids will be working on daily Bible reading and learning how to pray from your heart and not just the same prayer everyday.
4. Health:
  • I really don't want to go here! LOL I didn't stick with any healthy habits this year, but that is something that is going to have to change! I know that my body is a living temple to God, and I should treat it as such. I don't drink, or smoke, or any of that bad stuff, but, I could eat a lot healthier and exercise more. So in 2011 I will be working on cooking, fixing, and eating healthier and smaller portions of food. Also I will be working on getting regular exercise by my self and with the husband and kids!
5. Ministry:
  • We have finally found a church that we can use the gifts that God has given us, and still be encouraged and be mentored by the older couples. (It's really nice to have older women to look up too!) So we are getting a Puppet team going finally! So in 2011 I will be working on being more serious about using the Puppet Ministry to reach the youth in our church.

The last part of Courtney's challenge is to choose a theme word for 2011. I have thought about this since last night, and prayed about what God would have me to choose. My word is COMMIT! Proverb 16:3 says, "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." I want to commit my day, my marriage, my kids, my health, and my ministry to the Lord in 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment