Lust quickly fades away after that honeymoon period. After all the excitement goes away and reality sets in. Love on the other hand continues to grow. (If given the right medium to grow in!) Love is still there when you have a disagreement, lust isn't. Today I can honestly say that Derreck is my absolute best friend!
Here is a list of 9 things that I absolutely love about my husband:
1. He puts God first and allows the Holy Spirit to guide him in everything. He is a man after God's heart!
2. He is a great provider. Never once have I ever went without anything I needed or even wanted.
3. He is a great protector. Even though he is gone half the year, he makes sure that I know how to take care of my self.
4. He is so funny. He wanted to be a comedian, but everyone just laughed at him! (I could be his side kick except I stole this from him! 99% of the funny things I say come from him!)
5. He is a leader. He is the leader of our house even when he is gone. Today it is rare to find a man that is willing to step up to this position, and he does Biblically.
6. He is a good friend. The best a girl could ask for!
7. He is very thoughtful. When most girls get disappointed in their husbands for one thing or another, I am getting surprised, by many different things that Derreck has done for me. (Even if it's just warming my side of the bed up, while I am in the shower.)
8. He is a great Mister. I have called him this since the night we met, and I mean it more and more every day. Sarah called Abraham her lord, and I call Derreck my Mister. (I didn't start out doing this to be Biblical, but I do realize now that I should respect my husband enough for him to be lord over me. Not Lord but lord!)
9. He is a great father! I can finally add this!!!!! He knows how to play with the kids, but yet he still knows how is discipline them too!
Aren't these flowers pretty! Derreck ordered them for me, who knows when. They were delivered the night before he left which would have been Friday night, and they bloomed completely today! Talk about perfect timing! (I told you he was good, didn't I?)
Happy Anniversary Derreck!
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Genesis 2:24