Friday, February 11, 2011

Week Four of The Valentine Challenge


We are on week four of the Be My Valentine Marriage Challenge that Cortney from Women Living Well issued! This weeks challenge is to make Valentines ALL about our husbands. To not worry about what he can do for you, but what you can do for him!

 A lot of women get their hopes up for something amazing that they want their husbands to do for them. What is crazy though, is that, they don't even tell their husbands what they want, and get mad and disappointed when their dream doesn't come true. I don't know about you and your spouse, but I know my husband and I are definately NOT mind readers!!

If I don't tell my husband what is wrong, or what I want, then he doesn't know. The same goes for him! I cannot get mad at him for not being able to read my mind. Some people think it's crazy because, then it's not a surprise anymore. I do like surprises, but it's also very nice to get something that you have been needing for awhile, over something that you just want.

Anyways the whole point of this weeks challenge is to put him first and not worry about what you are going to get.

  • Do something special for him. Cook his favortire meal, or dessert.
  • Let him relax for awhile.
  • Do something for him that you know he doesn't enjoy doing.
  • Make him feel like he is your 2nd priority. (Your first should be God of course!)
It's been a rough week month and a half for me. With the kids here, something is constantly on my mind, and needing attention. I feel like I have been pulled in a hundred different directions, and everyone still wants more. So with all of this extra things going on, I am sad to say that I haven't put my husband and his needs in the position that they need to be. Honestly I haven't even been that nice to him either. He's getting what is left over and I know that that isn't right.

It's not biblical either. I was created to be his "help-mate" not him mine. I know that it is hard for him to be gone from the house for 2 weeks, working a job that isn't always smooth and breezy on a drilling rig. I need to learn to encourage him, pray for him, help him, love him, and most importantly, cherish him.


"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."   Philippians 2:3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment