Thursday, December 1, 2011

Flat Stanley & Our Thanksgiving Trip



Flat Stanley & Our Thanksgiving Trip



I would like for everyone to meet Flat Stanley. He was sent to my sister from her friends little boy, whose name is Tyler. They live in Texas. Tyler's class read a book about Flat Stanley and how a billboard fell on Stanley and made him flat. They then had to color their own Stanley and send him to someone that they know. The person that they send him (or her) to had to record the things that they did with Stanley for a month. Since we were going to Pennsylvania during the Thanksgiving week, we thought it would be fun to bring Stanley along and record the things that we got to do. After we got back, I sat down and typed up a letter for each day that we were gone, telling Tyler the things that we got to do. This was a lot of fun!

So here is the first letter that I wrote for Tyler:


Monday, November 21, 2011

Dear Tyler,

My name is Ginger. I am Cassie’s older sister. Everyone calls me Aunt Gin-Gin though! The rest of my family are: Derreck, my husband, D (I), S, and M, our kids that we will be adopting soon! That’s us! We love to take trips, and since we were taking one while Cassie had flat Stanley we thought it would be fun to take him along with us! (The more kids you have the more fun you have!)

       Today we started out trip off in Louisiana. We will be heading to Pennsylvania! That’s one LONG road trip! Flat Stanley is going to get to see a lot of things along the way. He will learn even more though!

       We didn’t really do much today except for drive! (We were late…) We crossed into Arkansas. Enjoyed some Starbucks! Drove some more and then crossed into Tennessee. We had planned on going to the Memphis Zoo, but since it was raining and we were so late, we didn’t get to. But if you are ever around that area, I hear they have a real Panda! (Send me a picture please!)

       Once we were in Memphis we decided to eat, watch a movie and play putt-putt golf. Since it was raining kind of hard we had to leave flat Stanley in the car. 9we didn’t want his colors to run together just yet! We watched “Puss in Boots” and it is sooooo funny. Just like all the other Shrek movies!

       We then called it a night and got some rest! I will write more about our adventures tomorrow!

                                         God Bless,

                                         Aunt Gin-Gin

And I actually took some pictures along the way!


BBBut of course I can't figure out how to black the kids faces out on this computer, and we have to get ready for church here in a bit. So I can't post them all, but I did give Tyler all the pictures that went with his letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment