Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 20 of Being Thankful



Day 20


Today I am thankful for flowers. I love to see pretty flowers blooming outside. Even in the winter there are beautiful flowers that bloom.

Roses are my favorite (yellow in particular). I usually get a rose bush every year for our anniversary, and I loved having them bloom even in the winter! Since everything is so dry this year, the ones that I had left all bit  the dust though so I won't be seeing any of those for awhile. Hopefully this year I can get a good rose bed built up with accessible water and away from crazy dogs.

But in the mean time, I am working on getting some plants going for the inside of the house. I have a Christmas Cactus that I am really excited about from my Nanny. It is even starting to grow new leaves so maybe it will put off some buds for me! I also have an amaryllis from her that has two buds. Very exciting.

Now my grandma can grow flowers, and so can my mom. I kept my roses alive for 8 years until they started dying off, but other than that, it is really hard for me to keep things alive. (Derreck is really great at keeping them going for me, especially the roses!)

I also love to receive flowers from Derreck. It just makes me smile, to see them sitting there all pretty and know that he was thinking of me when he ordered them.





I love that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment